Saturday, 8 September 2012

Kindle Fire in the UK

The long wait for the Kindle Fire is finally over for those of us who live in the UK.  With the launch of the new Kindle Fire HD, we are finally able to pre-order the coveted Kindle Fire, along with the new HD version.  Good news for most us as the price to their basic model has dropped too, so if you ever considered trying one, now is the perfect time.

It will be the first time UK consumers will be able to buy the Kindle Fire, the HD version has a seven-inch screen (the US version has an 8.9 inch screen), 16 gigabyte of storage for £159, with the second version, 8 gigabyte of storage at £129.

The improved basic Kindle has been reduced from £89 to £69, and is also available for pre-order although no news yet of a UK release for the newly revealed Kindle model with backlight and sharper display which Amazon call 'Kindle Paperwhite.'

Though I am mightily tempted to order a Kindle Fire along with the multitude of others, I'm going to just wait and see what services we will be getting along with the Kindle Fire. With Amazon Prime membership in the US, you can stream movies and tv shows and Kindle Lending Library enables members to 'borrow' books. However, none of these services are available in the UK and Amazon have always emphasised that copyright and legal stuff have hampered their efforts in giving us UK folk the same services so there may still be a long wait in store. 

When I bought my Kindle Keyboard, the ebook lending feature was what won me over at the time. Sadly it wasn't meant to be, and I'm sure many of you are sick of hearing, that feature is not available in your country.  I love my KK, but it would be great if we could enjoy the same service that is available to our US friends.  Let's hope that with the release of the Kindle Fire, Amazon start working a little bit harder on the legal stuff to get those services here.


5 comments:

  1. I know- Im so tempted too, because you can get digital comic downloads in colour, but im going to hold fire (you see what i did there).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zainab you can get a normal tab and it would do that too, you can buy comics from different places then instead of just Amazon.

      Delete
  2. vare nicc information about Kindle Fire in the UK Steven Moffat deletes Twitter Account thanks for haring.It's awesome
    online live tv

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help myself. Kindle Fire has seduced me and I've pre ordered mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire did you get the HD version or original? Let me know how you get on with it, then I won't feel guilty when I order mine. :)

      Delete