Monday, 31 December 2012

Goodbye 2012


Once again we say a fond farewell too another year and hope that the coming one will be filled with our fondest desires and book wishes.  2012 saw the future of ebooks and ereaders with the release of Kindle Fire and Nook ereaders and tablets in the UK and Txtr Beagle, the cheapest ereader yet - the future of ebooks  has never looked rosier and we can only imagine what wonders 2013 will bring.

We were gifted with many long awaited releases and some that we didn't have to wait so long for. 

My favourite books this year








It has been a good year for me, my bank account lighter but my bookcase heavier than it was a year ago.  I've discovered new favourites and rediscovered old ones.   My greatest challenge, my teenager, is acquiring a new appreciation for the written word and the digital world is embracing reading creating more opportunities to fill our time with a book in hand, whether it's reading on your tablet on the commute to work or on your iphone in your lunch break.  May the new year bring you many new joys, loves and best of all books. Happy New Year folks.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! May it bring lots and lots of wonderful reading for us all :)

    ReplyDelete