Friday, 7 June 2013

Awakening the Nightmare by Lanie Malone

My Kindle freebie library is overflowing with an abundance of riches, some that I've had for years.  I have resolved to read at least one book a month in an attempt to get through them all, and also not to download new ones, but that is still open for debate as I seem to have no self control when it comes to books.


Goodreads blurb
In a world filled with preternatural beings, Corinne DeLacy stands alone. For centuries she has hidden her heritage and powers from the rest of the world. Then Nick is forced into her life, turning it upside down. Standing in her way at every turn, he watches her suspiciously. Circumstances landed them together and now they must fight to save all that they hold dear.

My review

An enjoyable and interesting paranormal romance that made me reluctant to put down the book. The main characters are likeable and you find yourself wanting to know more about the side characters and what their back stories are too.

I didn't give this book 5 stars, I really wanted too but I felt that the bad guys were defeated a little too easily,  maybe that's because I didn't want the story to end.  The cover doesn't do the story justice at all, I imagine a cover with a tough, sassy, warrior woman with flowing dark hair and a sword in her hand.  Still, well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment